Sales Statistics & Infographic Report

A statistical and graphical report of Sales Leaders and their Sales Executives

Sales data

Who is this report for and how will it help you?

Sales statistics

Over the calendar year of 2021, we surveyed over 100 Sales Executives and 50 Sales Leaders

The teams surveyed worked for multinational corporations across numerous economic sectors and business model types

This report shares the statistical and graphical insights from the survey and is ideal for:

    • Managerial Executives
    • Sales Leaders & Executives
    • Human Resource Executives
    • Learning & Development Executives
    • Business Consultants

If you need statistical data for marketing purposes, or to gain managerial support for sales training and coaching investment, or if you’re simply keen to better understand the sales industry, then this report will be ideal for you

Sales Insight 1

Over 92% of sales executives state that they have a strong sales mindset

As a Sales Executive, I have a strong sales mindset and display characters/traits of top sales professionals. 

Yet, over 53.2% of the same sales executives admit to having limiting psychological beliefs that are slowing their sales performance down.

As a Sales Executive I have some limiting beliefs that’s slowing me down

Additionally, over 76.6% of their sales managers also state that their sales executives suffer from limiting beliefs impacting their performance.

My sales team members have some limiting beliefs that are slowing them down 

Sales Insight 2

Over 96.4% of sales executives admit that they could be more productive at work.

As a Sales Executive, I can be more productive and better at prioritizing tasks and opportunities to achieve more with less.

This is supported by their sales managers of which 93.6% also agree that their sales executives could be more productive.

My sales team members can be more productive and better at prioritizing tasks and opportunities to achieve more with less

Sales Insight 3

Over 92.7% of sales executives stated that they could be better at analyzing their market and planning their sales approach prior to meeting with customers

As a Sales Executive, I can get better at analyzing and assessing my market, customers, and plan my approach accordingly prior to engaging in customer meetings.

Sales Insight 4

Over 95.4% of sales executives believe their listening and questioning skills can be improved for better customer engagement.

As a Sales Executive, I can further enhance my questioning and listening skills for better engagement with my customers

This sentiment is back up by their Sales Leaders also, with 91.5% of them agreeing that their Sales Executives need to enhance their questioning and listening skills.

My sales team members can further enhance their questioning and listening skills for better engagement with the customers

Sales Insight 5

There is a significant disconnect between Sales Leaders and their Sales Executives. 61.7% of Sales Leaders believe their sales team do not have a phone approach or virtual presentation that yields good results.

My sales team members have a structured phone approach / virtual presentation or contact plan that is yielding good results.

As a Sales Executive, I have a strong sales mindset and display characters/traits of top sales professionals.

However, Sales Executives believe the opposite with more than 85.3% stating that their phone approach and virtual presentation do in fact yield good results.

As a Sales Executive, I have a structured phone approach / virtual presentation or contact plan that is yielding me good results.

Sales Insight 6

Sales Leaders are split when it comes to their Sales Executives consultative selling skills. 51.1% of Sales Leaders believe their Sales Executives are good at extracting their customer’s true needs, however, this still leaves a significant 48.9% of Sales Leaders believing their Sales Executives lack this important capability.

My sales team members use a structured consultative selling approach with their customers and are competent in extracting their true needs.

When their Sales Executives were asked however, over 87.1% of them strongly believed they’re very competent at extracting their customer’s true needs through consultative selling.

As a Sales Executive, I use a structured consultative selling approach with my customers and I am able to extract their true business and personal needs.

Sales Insight 7

Over 84% of Sales Leaders want help to develop and improve their sales management as well as sales coaching skills.

Develop my sales management & coaching skills

Sales Insight 8

Over 81.8% of Sales Leaders want help to develop and improve their team leadership and motivational skills

Develop my team leadership and motivational skills

© The Academy for Sales

Share This